From: Jorge Almeida <jjalmeida@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] OSS4
Date: Mon, 13 Apr 2020 13:58:55
1 On Mon, Apr 13, 2020 at 2:47 PM <elu6-u259@××××××.com> wrote:
6 > There is this link:
7 >
8 > https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/OSS
9 >
10 > That seems to say you can still install the real OSS.
11 >
12 > The first step is to build a kernel with it included:
13 >
14 > Device Drivers --->
15 > <M> Sound card support --->
16 > --- Sound card support
17 > < > Advanced Linux Sound Architecture --->
18 > < > Open Sound System (DEPRECATED) --->
19
20 I'm using kernel 5.6.0 (off portage). It doesn't offer the OSS
21 possibility, deprecated or not: just Advanced Linux Sound Architecture
22 or nothing.
25 > Of course, since it is marked DEPRECATED, you don't know how well the driver will work.
26
27 My card is on-board Intel HD ("product: 200 Series PCH HD Audio"
28 according to lshw), so I assume it is pretty common...
29
30 Thanks
31
32 Jorge