From: Nicola <neodarklight@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Problem with Kde 4.1.X
Date: Sat, 17 Jan 2009 10:38:45
1 Hi,
2 I have searched on google and bugtrack for weeks for people with a similar
3 problem with the new kde 4.1.X but I didn't find anything. I have some
4 problem even to describe the problem beacause I don't know how to figure out
5 what is wrong with my system. The real problem is that kde 4.1.X didn't start
6 if I use kwin. I only get it start if I use another window decorator (for
7 example compiz). I have tried with 4.1.3 and 4.1.4 but with the same problem.
8 After the login screen i get the splash screen but at the end of the sequence
9 I'm kicked out to the login screen.
10 I need some advice to how and where begin to search for the problem. Which
11 file I need to parse in search of the problem? Is there on the ML someone
12 whith the same problem?
13
14 Xorg:1.5.3-r1
15 nvidia-drivers:177.82