From: "Aleksey V. Kunitskiy" <alexey.kv@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] IO scheduling
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2007 21:37:49
1 On Wednesday 01 August 2007 00:03, Daniel Pielmeier wrote:
2 > There is ionice. It is part of sys-process/schedutils which is in portage.
3 >
4 > There is a manpage here http://linux.die.net/man/1/ionice as it is not
5 > included in schedutils.
6 >
7 > You can also take alook at
8 > http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-462230.html. It is a forum thread
9 > about ionice.
10 >
11 > Just for your information:
12 >
13 > Ionice is also part of the util-linux-ng-2.13 the replacement for
14 > util-linux which is in portage but currently without keywords.
15 >
16 > The stable version 2.12r-r7 is the old util linux where ionice is not
17 > included.
18 > So you have to use 2.13_rc2 which is util-linux-ng but there is always a
19 > reason why there are no keywords!
20
21 Thank you all guys, I'll use it and see if cfq fully fits into my needs.
24 best regards,
25 Aleksey V. Kunitskiy
26 my public GPG/PGP key: http://www.alexey-kv.org.ua/pubkey.asc