From: Richard Broersma Jr <rabroersma@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Missing /sbin/mount.cifs
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2006 21:25:02
1 Does anyone know what package I would need to emerge to so that mount can recognize a cifs volume?
2 Or do I need to compile additional cifs / smb kernel modules?
3
4 When I strace the mount -t cifs .....
5
6 it shows the following error:
7
8 stat64("/sbin/mount.cifs", 0xbfc758e0) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
11 Mount displays the following error:
12
13 mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on //Mmosrv01/eng/,
14 missing codepage or other error
15 In some cases useful info is found in syslog - try
16 dmesg | tail or so
17
18 System log shows:
19 CIFS VFS: cifs_mount failed w/return code = -22
20
21 If my problem isn't related to missing mount.cifs, would anyone be able to point me in the right
22 direction?
23
24 Regards,
25