From: Iain Buchanan <iaindb@××××××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] pc not recognised properly from bluetooth device
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2006 02:24:57
1 Hi list,
2
3 I've recently been evaluating a windows mobile pda to see if I want to
4 buy it (current owner has upgraded). It's running windows mobile 2003,
5 with bluetooth.
6
7 Basically the PDA doesn't recognise the PC as having "active sync
8 capabilities"...
9
10 I've installed synce-multisync_plugin, synce, and multisync. I've tried
11 these device classes in my /etc/bluetooth/hcid.conf:
12
13 # original hcid.conf
14 class 0x3e0100;
15 # Workstation
16 class 0xbe0104;
17 # Server
18 class 0xbe0108;
19 # Laptop
20 class 0xbe010c;
21 # Laptop with telephony
22 class 0xFE010c;
23 # Unspecified with telephony
24 class 0xFE0100;
25
26 and even:
27
28 # Sony Ericcson mobile (don't use!)
29 class 0x520204;
30
31 not all at once of course! I got the values from
32 https://www.bluetooth.org/foundry/assignnumb/document/baseband which is
33 quite interesting...
34
35 Anyway, on the PDA, I go to: Start > Settings > System > Bluetooth
36 Setting > "Bluetooth ActiveSync Setup" Start button, and I just get
37
38 "Please start bonding with other Bluetooth device which supports serial
39 port or ActiveSync profile as your ActiveSync partner!"
40
41 I've already bonded to and sent files to / from the PC. If I bond pda
42 to mobile, I can see the "com port" options available, but just not with
43 the PC.
44
45 Can anyone shed any light? I've followed various howto's / wiki's
46 (gentoo-wiki and synce.sourceforge.net), but they all assume that you
47 can do this step without hassle...
48
49 Any tips would be appreciated with many thanks!
53 It's later than you think, the joint Russian-American space mission has
54 already begun.
57 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list