From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Can't boot btrfs
Date: Fri, 31 Jul 2015 15:50:20
1 Peter Humphrey <peter <at> prh.myzen.co.uk> writes:
4 > This time I tried "device=/dev/sda3,/dev/sdb3" in case that was the proper
5 > syntax, but it made no discernible difference - the final message from the
6 > kernel panic was the same "VFS: Unable to mount roofs on
7 > unknown-block(8,3)".
10 Hello Peter,
11
12 As many know, I have made many failed attempts to get btrfs in raid 1 working
13 on gentoo, and have to this date, failed.
16 OpenSuse-13.2 seems to solve this, but not in raid-1 config. I have read
17 that you can easily add the second disk after install and change the config
18 to raid-1. I'm working on this, but other things limit my time atm.
21 Using YaST to config the btrfs under openSuse is a breeze. Once I have ti
22 all fixed I can just copy the necessary files (fstab etc) to another system
23 and install gentoo of top of those disks.
26 Others use calculate linux or sabayon similarly and are quite happy with
27 the results. I am hope that somebody figures this out and sees to it that
28 the information makes it to the gentoo wiki, for all to benefit from robust
29 usage of btrfs in raid-1.
32 Sorry, that I could not be of more help.
33
34 sincerely,
35 James