From: Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: dual monitors and dual desktops
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2012 14:44:14
1 On 2012-10-25, mindrunner <kernel@×××××.de> wrote:
2 > On 10/25/2012 07:40 PM, Grant Edwards wrote:
3 >> So I actually have a total of 12 virtual desktops (3 sets of 4).
4 >
5 > Searching the terminal window opened 6 hours ago on one of the 12
6 > virutal desktops sounds like fun :D
9 It's not as bad as it sounds. I rarely use more than 2 virtual
10 desktops, and depending on what I'm doing, there's an informal
11 "system": when doing development the left monitor is for looking at
12 PDF datasheets, center monitor is for edit/build source files, right
13 hand monitor is for "running" the program.
14
15 When I get interrupted by a phone call or visitor and need to do
16 someting else temporarily, I flip one or more of the screens to a
17 different virtual desktop.
18
19 It's sort of like a CPU for which you have a reguster usage convention
20 and a stack to push "in-use" registers onto when you get interrupted
21 or have to switch contexts.
24 Grant Edwards grant.b.edwards Yow! VICARIOUSLY experience
25 at some reason to LIVE!!
26 gmail.com