From: Daniel Frey <djqfrey@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Multi monitor in KDE - remember window placement as default for all windows?
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2018 04:04:40
1 Well, I found a pretty good deal (for around here) on a 32" monitor. So,
2 I've set this up and turned my old 24" to portrait orientation. KDE's
3 control panel's display setting had me get the orientation set up
4 correctly in about 10 seconds.
5
6 It took me a bit longer to figure out how to move the task bar to the
7 larger monitor, but all is good.
8
9 One more annoying thing I've noticed now is that I have two monitors,
10 KDE seems to randomly plop new windows whereever it likes. I mean
11 literally. Sometimes it's on the new (secondary) monitor, sometimes it's
12 on the primary, sometimes it's between the two. Really bizarre.
13
14 After a little bit of fiddling around, I found out you can get an
15 application window to remember its size and position (which is great, at
16 least the option is there.)
17
18 Not so nice is that I have to tell every new window I open (well, the
19 ones that open all over the place) to remember their settings.
20
21 Is there a way to make this a global change for all windows? This is
22 getting irritating.
23
24 Dan