From: Robin Atwood <robin.atwood@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Questions about systemd logging
Date: Wed, 09 Jan 2013 11:14:25
1 I have temporarily shelved my problem with mounting since my work-around seems
2 adequate. But I have some questions about logging. Journald works fine but
3 what am I supposed to see on the main console? All I can see is a few kernel
4 messages which cease after the lvm service completes. There are no service
5 starting messages and no login prompt appears. The other ttys have a banner
6 and prompt as usual.
7
8 Secondly I want to merge the journal into syslog-ng for post-processing. I
9 have the correct syslog-ng service defined and syslog-ng.conf has been
10 modified to use /run/systemd/journald/syslog as a source unix-stream. But I
11 see no systemd messages appearing. In the Gentoo package all the journald.conf
12 statements are commented out, which ones are necessary to do what I want. I
13 have tried the "logging_to_syslog/kmsg" options but to no effect, but there
14 are many!
15
16 TIA
17 -Robin
18 --
20 Robin Atwood.
21
22 "Ship me somewheres east of Suez, where the best is like the worst,
23 Where there ain't no Ten Commandments an' a man can raise a thirst"
24 from "Mandalay" by Rudyard Kipling