From: Michael Mol <mikemol@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Just a heads-up, I think =sys-libs/glibc-2.14.1-r3 is a stinker.
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2012 15:26:17
1 On Thu, Apr 26, 2012 at 11:01 AM, Paul Hartman
2 <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com> wrote:
3 > On Thu, Apr 26, 2012 at 9:41 AM, Michael Mol <mikemol@×××××.com> wrote:
4 >> Checking to see if it's a distcc problem, now. If it is, it'll only be
5 >> the third time I've ever had issues from distcc, and the first time a
6 >> distcc issue resulted in a successful build of a package that broke
7 >> things.
8 >
9 > Just to cover all possibilities... since everyone else is saying it's
10 > not a problem for them -- have you run a memory test?
11
12 Not going to be a memory issue.
13
14 1) It killed two different boxes at the same time, and one of those
15 has 10GB of ECC memory.
16 2) On the machine I can still get into, It consistently breaks each
17 time I emerge glibc locally, and it consistently works if I unpack the
18 tarball I noted from gentooexperimental.org.
21 :wq