From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] video capture from min-dv... kernel params
Date: Sat, 31 Oct 2009 20:45:55
1 On Sat, 31 Oct 2009 10:05:42 -0500, Harry Putnam wrote:
2
3 > I wondered if anyone here has used gentoo for mini-dv capture and if
4 > so what do I need to do regarding the kernel?
5
6 It's been a few years (my current camcorder has a hard disk and uses USB
7 for transfer) but I don't think I built anything special into the kernel
8 beyond the 1394 stuff.
9
10 > I see apps called dvgrab and kino show up in many of the hits too.
11 >
12 > Is it just a matter of building specific modules or turning on certain
13 > parameters in the kernel?
14
15 I think the only one that caught me out was missing raw1384.
16
17 > Are the tools dvgrab or kino self contained enough that I could do the
18 > the capture with one or the other alone?
19
20 Yes. Kino is a grabber and editor, dvgrab is the grabbing code from Kino
21 released as a separate commandline program. If you only want to grab,
22 dvgrab is enough.
26 Neil Bothwick
27
28 Our bikinis are exciting. They are simply the tops.