From: "Holger Hoffstätte" <holger.hoffstaette@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Q: How is that terminus technicus for...
Date: Sun, 16 Nov 2014 14:13:20
1 On Sun, 16 Nov 2014 14:49:02 +0100, meino.cramer wrote:
2
3 > I connected a Arietta.G25 via Ethernet over USB (using a simple USB
4 > cable and hardware USB->Ethernet Adaptor to my Gentoo PC. I can ssh
5 > on that little tiny board. Now I want to access the internat from
6 > within the Arietta. Therefore all requests need to be transfered from
7 > the Arietta board to my PC, which then plays the role of an ISP to
8 > the Arietta board and itself places the requests to the internet
9 > instead of the Arietta board itself.
10 >
11 > But this is a too longish explanation to be put into a google request.
12
13 :)
14
15 > Is there any name for that...so I am able to find the tutorials/howtos
16 > myself?
17
18 If I understood this correctly this should do what you want:
19
20 - on the board set the default route to the PC
21
22 - on the PC set up "packet forwarding"
23
24 That's the best explanation I can give you without writing a full-blown
25 tutorial, but searching for that should get you going. :)
26
27 -h