From: John Moe <johnmoe@×××××××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Intel iwl3945 problem
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2009 09:14:35
1 I've recently rebuilt my laptop, and am having trouble getting the
2 wireless to work correctly. My wireless is making an association with
3 my AP, but TCP/IP traffic doesn't seem to want to transmit over it; I
4 can't even ping my AP. TCP/IP works fine on the ethernet adapter.
5 Wireshark (without the ethernet connected) only shows traffic going out
6 the wireless card, not in, and another station on my home network is not
7 seeing the DHCP broadcasts. My access point can see the MAC address of
8 the wireless card in my laptop. I've tried to config the networking
9 with DHCP and static IPs, neither worked.
10
11 So, the wireless card appears to be working, and TCP/IP appears to be
12 working, but not together. Does anyone have any idea what could cause
13 this? I've previously had it working, however, I forgot to grab my
14 kernel config before I wiped the drive, only the /etc folder and my home
15 folder, so there's a good chance that I've done something differently in
16 the kernel config.
17
18 I've also tried copying out the kernel .config file, use make clean &&
19 make distclean && make mrproper on the kernel sources, copy the .config
20 back and run make && make modules_install, copy the new kernel and boot
21 it, but the problem persists.
22
23 I've attached relevant sections of /var/log/dmesg and /var/log/messages,
24 as well as my /etc/conf.d/net and kernel config. Oh, and my emerge
25 --info, of course, for good measure.
26
27 Any help would be appreciated, I've been trying three nights in a row
28 now to get this working, it's driving me bonkers. Knowing me, it's
29 going to be something small, minor and blindingly obvious...
30
31 John Moe

net text/plain
dmesg text/plain