From: Greg Woodbury <redwolfe@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] blocking "-systemd"
Date: Sat, 08 Feb 2014 21:43:24
1 On 02/06/2014 01:49 PM, Joseph wrote:
2 > I have in make.conf "USE: ... -systemd"
3 > But gnome-base/gnome-settings-daemon wants to pull in systemd-208
4 > so I need to emerge sys-apps/systemd-208-r2 and I have installed "udev"
5 > which conflicts with systemd.
6
7 How about using XFCE? I think the last time I installed it it did not
8 force use of systemd; it also can use many GNOME tools and apps if you
9 really need GNOME.
10
11 I personally got tired of GNOME and its toomany/toomajor change policies
12 and went to KDE (just like Linus Torvalds.) In KDE there is a slightly
13 different method of configuring things that may take a bit of getting
14 used to.
15
16 I thought there was a MATE overlay but I can't easily find it right now.
19 G. Wolfe Woodbury
20 Gentoo KDE user
21 redwolfe@×××××.com