From: Floyd Anderson <f.a@××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] fsck check of /usr on a separate partition fails during boot
Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2018 17:30:00
1 On Sat, 13 Jan 2018 11:58:43 +0100
2 Andrew Barchuk <andrew@×××××××.io> wrote:
3 >Hi folks,
4 >
5 […]
6 >
7 >Any ideas what is going on and how do I make the fsck check succeed?
8
9 It seems the init script(s) within your initramfs implements no
10 logic/hooks for fsck but just mount your /usr partition. After switching
11 to real root your OpenRC fsck init script try to check /usr partition
12 due to the specified 2 for passno (sixth field in /usr fstab entry) and
13 fails because it is already mounted.
14
15 You have to implement your own logic in initramfs init script(s) and set
16 passno to 0 for /usr partition to prevent the OpenRC fsck. Have a look
17 at [1] as a starting point. Also check if /etc/initramfs.mounts exists
18 (comes with genkernel-next and probably with other packages, I am not
19 sure at this) and what is defined in there.
20
21 The steps to realise a fsck check hook within an initramfs init script
22 may not be trivial and time consuming on building/testing, so, as Alan
23 suggested earlier, checking your partition with a booted rescue live CD
24 or similar, may prevent some headaches.
27 References:
28 - [1] <https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Early_Userspace_Mounting>
33 Regards,
34 floyd