From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Cc: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Flash Player / Firefox trouble
Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2011 23:13:28
1 On Sat, Feb 19, 2011 at 2:52 PM, Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > Mark Knecht wrote:
3 >>
4 >> On Sat, Feb 19, 2011 at 1:40 PM, Nikos Chantziaras<realnc@×××××.de>
5 >>  wrote:
6 >>
7 >>>
8 >>> On 02/19/2011 11:08 PM, Elaine C. Sharpe wrote:
9 >>>
10 >>>>
11 >>>> [...]
12 >>>> I do wish netflix would go with something other than silverlight
13 >>>> though, running win7 in vbox works but I shouldn't have to do all
14 >>>> that...
15 >>>>
16 >>>
17 >>> Doesn't the Moonlight Firefox add-on work?
18 >>>
19 >>
20 >> What I've read is that moonlight doesn't handle the Netflix DRM
21 >> issues. Does anyone know differently?
22 >>
23 >> I'm still using a Window VM to watch Netflix.
24 >>
25 >> - Mark
30 > I use Firefox and the download manager.  I just download the video and watch
31 > it with (s)(k)(m)player locally.  That also gives me the option of saving
32 > them locally and not having to download them again if I want to watch them
33 > more than once.  I'm sure AT&T likes that part.
34 >
35 > So far, I have not had much trouble with doing it this way.  Other than the
36 > video being lost when changing tabs.  Well, I did have on download that
37 > failed and only go the first part of the video.  I think my DSL modem did
38 > its reset thingy.  It does that once a day.
39 >
40 > Dale
41 >
46 Where are you finding links on Netflix pages that allows you to start
47 a movie download? I'm not finding that at all using Firefox. Are you
48 digging into page source or something?
49
50 - Mark