From: Blakawk <blakawk@×××××××××.com>
To: ML Gentoo User <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] System hangs when enabling radeon power management
Date: Mon, 09 Jan 2012 10:52:45
1 Hi folks !
2
3 I am facing a problem since a week now when enabling radeon power
4 management following KMS Power Management Options [1]. I have two radeon
5 HD 9770 on my system in crossfire configuration, but on Linux I only use
6 one of them (the first one on the PCI bus).
7
8 When I switch the GPUs using the low profile, randomly, my system
9 hangs. The problem is that I have nothing ! No kernel panic, no logs,
10 really nothing. I tried everything, adding hard and soft lockup
11 detection in the kernel did not help, I also enabled nmi_watchdog
12 without success, tried kexec and kernel crash dumps either. I am getting
13 to the point of booting the kernel using kgdb/kdb over a serial
14 connection...
15
16 As radeon guys on the IRC #radeon channel seems to be muted on this
17 point, I would like to know if anyone here can lead me through a way to
18 help debugging this problem, as the consequence of staying in default
19 power profile make my GPU "burning" around 70°C...
20
21 I can provide as many information as possible, and here is a little
22 summary about my configuration:
23 - Gentoo sources 3.2.0-r1,
24 - in-kernel radeon module with KMS enabled,
25 - ~amd64 keyword.
26
27 Many thanks for your help.
28