From: Etaoin Shrdlu <shrdlu@×××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Disable the access to a defined memory area
Date: Mon, 02 Jul 2007 10:55:10
1 On Monday 2 July 2007 11:50, Pongracz Istvan wrote:
2
3 > Hi,
4 >
5 > One of my partners has a problem in an existing motherboard.
6 >
7 > There are physical memory regions, which regions are buggy.
8 > I do not know, the memory module itself, or them motherboard, but if
9 > the kernel want to access to these region, it crashes.
10 >
11 > I would like to know, is there a solution to make a memory hole, which
12 > will be never addressed?
13 >
14 > The situation is similar, when the HDD has bad sectors and I cover
15 > them with a never-used-partition or file.
16 >
17 > I googled a while, before I wrote this email, but I have no result
18 > yet.
19
20 You should really replace the broken components. However, google
21 for "badram".
22 --
23 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list