From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] disable numlock on netbook
Date: Wed, 08 Jan 2014 12:02:20
1 On Sunday 05 Jan 2014 21:41:46 Alan McKinnon wrote:
2 > I have Gentoo on a first gen Acer Aspire One. The teeny keyboard doesn't
3 > have a numpad, it's simulated by using the right-hand bunch of keys and
4 > you engage it with Fn-F11
5 >
6 > It's recently started booting up with the numpad on which is annoying at
7 > first login as my username is not a3an0 .... The Num LED is also off at
8 > this stage. There used to be a way to set numlock on or off in
9 > baselayout/openrc but now I can't find it. "grep -r numlock /etc"
10 > returns nothing relevant, and /etc/init.d/numlock is to enable it with
11 > no function to disable it (I have this script disable in default runlevel)
12 >
13 > How is this done these days?
14 > Should I call setleds in rc.local somewhere?
15
16 It used to be part of the rc scripts. I have this in my list, but my gentoo
17 installation is rather old:
18
19 # rc-update -s -v | grep numlock
20 numlock |
23 You could check if it is enabled on any runlevel and if yes, then 'rc-update
24 delete numlock' should get rid of it. Of course if it is not enabled then I
25 would be also perplexed how we are supposed to manage it these days.
26 --
27 Regards,
28 Mick