From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: Gentoo User <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] plasmashell becomes sluggish with 100% CPU usage
Date: Tue, 24 May 2022 23:51:57
1 On Tue, May 24, 2022 at 1:20 PM Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.com> wrote:
2 >
3 > Anyone noticed anything lately with plasmashell? I think it started
4 > happening after Qt was upgraded from 5.15.3 to 5.15.4. At login, the
5 > desktop is very unresponsive and sluggish. Mouse clicks take over a
6 > second to register.
7 >
8 > The plasmashell process is hogging one core of the CPU to almost 100%.
9 > It only happens on login. Logging out and back in again usually fixes it.
12 There a very old Kubuntu report about this sort of thing happening for
13 years now.
14
15 https://askubuntu.com/questions/846781/why-is-plasmashell-using-100-cpu
16
17 Maybe there's a clue there?
18
19 I've seen something similar maybe twice over the years but nothing recent.
20
21 All my machines use NVidia with their driver.
22
23 Good luck,
24 Mark