From: Simon Hunt <chesemonkyloma@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Intel dilemma
Date: Sat, 29 Aug 2009 17:58:07
1 Well I tried the .28 kernel with the package versions you suggested, and
2 when the X server starts, it's just a black screen BUT the machine
3 doesn't freeze and there is video output, it is just black. These lines
4 seem relevant in the Xorg log:
5
6 (II) GLX: Initialized DRI GL provider for screen 0
7 (II) intel(0):
8 Setting screen physical size to 304 x 228 [config/dbus] couldn't take
9 over org.x.config: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.AccessDenied (Connection
10 ":1.3" is not allowed to own the service "org.x.config.display0" due to
11 security policies in the configuration file)
12 (II) config/hal: Adding input device ImPS/2 Generic Wheel Mouse
13
14 One other problem I have with that kernel is that my USB wireless LAN
15 card isn't seen, even though I have the correct prism54 module set in
16 the kernel, like in my new kernels where it works fine. By the way, if
17 you choose prism54 built-in, for some reason the kernel stops early in
18 the boot process for several minutes before continuing. Should I file a
19 bug?
20
21 Do you have an xorg.conf? I've been doing this without one, which works
22 with the other kernels.