From: Thomas Harold <tgh@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] best filesystem for Gentoo
Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2005 04:54:00
1 Colin Copley wrote:
2
3 > Hi List,
4 >
5 > Any comment on the best filesystem to use for Gentoo running a
6 > webserver, I prefer more speed and less journaling, is there a standard?
7
8 Probably can't go wrong with ext2 (personally, I'd still go with ext3
9 because you get faster fscks during bootup, right?). Ext2/ext3 have
10 been around for a long time, there are lots of tools written to work
11 with them, supported in most (all?) linux distros.
12
13 I'm sure there are good arguments for using Reiser, XFS, JFS, etc, but I
14 haven't gotten comfortable enough about them to make the switch away
15 from ext2/ext3.
16 --
17 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list