From: Nicolas Sebrecht <nsebrecht@×××××.fr>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Cc: Nicolas Sebrecht <nsebrecht@×××××.fr>
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Debian just voted in systemd for default init system in jessie
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2014 10:03:40
1 The 20/02/14, Canek Peláez Valdés wrote:
2
3 > > Thinking about this more, since apparently using a separate profile may
4 > just
5 > > be 'overkill', how about something simpler, like, for example, using
6 > > eselect...
7 > >
8 > > Something like:
9 > >
10 > > # eselect init list
11 > > Available init systems:
12 > > [1] OpenRC *
13 > > [2] systemd
14 > > [3] runit
15 > >
16 > > (whatever choices are supported).
17 > >
18 > > Or am I just being ridiculous?
19
20 The eselect command is already there in Sabayon.
21
22 > No, yo are not; but the switching requires reemerging things because you
23 > need to set some USE flags and quit others. That's the "difficult" (which
24 > is not, really) part; if you set the USE flags yourself or via a profile,
25 > or an eselect module, I don't think the difference matters at all.
26
27 ... but I have no idea how it is done. That's why I asked what packages
28 would require a reinstall (got no precise answer for now).
31 Nicolas Sebrecht