From: Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: [OT] Re: PDF: convert to grayscale
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2011 15:10:31
1 On 2011-02-27, Nuno J. Silva <nunojsilva@×××××××.pt> wrote:
2 > Michael Orlitzky <michael@××××××××.com> writes:
3 >
4 >> On 02/08/11 08:50, Nuno J. Silva wrote:
5 >>> Does anyone know a tool (other than ghostscript) that is able to convert
6 >>> a PDF (or postscript) to grayscale?
7 >>
8 >> A laserjet? =)
9 >
10 > That makes me wonder... in a color printer, I expect it not to print any
11 > color when it has no color ink, but do grayscale printers apply some
12 > conversion internally, to make sure that e.g. plain cyan is still
13 > visible (instead of making it white)?
14
15 No.
16
17 No matter what transformation you use from a 3-dimensional space into
18 a 1-dimensional space, there will be sets of values that differ in the
19 3-dimensional space which map to identical values in the 1-dimensional
20 space.
23 Grant Edwards grant.b.edwards Yow! I'm in direct contact
24 at with many advanced fun
25 gmail.com CONCEPTS.