From: james <garftd@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] flag icu
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2018 14:31:49
1 Hello,
2
3 Q1} In my attempts to minimize flag settings, why do I need the flag "icu" ?
4
5 + - icu Enable ICU (Internationalization Components for Unicode)
6 support, using dev-libs/icu
11 Q2} Ultimately, I'm trying to discover that minimum of flags for amd64
12 servers and workstations, that allow them to function nominally
13 normal, with most flags set per package.use. The bare_bones flags really
14 work great for gentoo clusters. I'm specifically trying to avoid the
15 advanced profiles, as I intend to manage flags dynamically as frameworks
16 (collections of codes) are added or removed from the cluster.
19 Any hints on a systematic by system parsing this sort of minimized-flag
20 data :
21
22 [12] default/linux/amd64/17.0 (stable) *
25 would be keenly appreciated. "eselect profile list" is great. but
26 I need it per many different architectures and do not have one
27 of each of the systems I need to experiment on. How are those flag_sets
28 discovered in some sort of systematic approach?
32 James