From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Gentoo net0 - auto resetting - very impressed
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2015 08:38:23
1 On Sun, 13 Sep 2015 12:14:55 -0600, thelma@×××××××××××.com wrote:
2
3 > Lately I've installed Fedora core on my old eeepc and I very impressed
4 > with the printer installation. Fedora automatically recognized my
5 > Brother HL-5730 printer and installed printer driver for it.
6 >
7 > I wish Gentoo would be able to do it as well some day.
8
9 Most distros come with clever wizard type programs that try to guess what
10 you need and do it for you. With Gentoo there is only one wizard, you!
11
12 The idea of having software make decisions for you is exactly what
13 differentiates other distros from Gentoo.
17 Neil Bothwick
18
19 Sleep is an excellent way of listening to an opera. - James Stephens
20 (1882-1950)