From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: flag details
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2014 18:59:19
1 Emanuele Rusconi <emarsk <at> gmail.com> writes:
4 > When in doubt I just read the ebuild and try to understand what's
5 > going on. A policy would be nice, though, and sometimes even reading
6 > the ebuild leaves me guessing. As you point out, saying "foo: enables
7 > libfoo" leaves me wandering "OK, but what the f* would I need foo for??"
10 I wonder if there is a reasonable why to extend app-portage/elogviewer
11
12 to parse more more details related to flags, or at leaset compile-time and
13 run-time details?
16 curiously,
17 James