From: Tamas Sarga <tamas@×××××××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] question about revdep-rebuild
Date: Sun, 10 Jul 2005 13:24:32
1 Hi,
2
3 I confused about revdep-rebuild. I thought that revdep-rebuild without
4 any parameter would investigate all of my bin, and a --soname parameter
5 will investigate just about this .so file.
6 Today I had done an emerge -uD world and openssh didn't work anymore. I
7 read the logs, which said do a revdep-rebuild --soname libcom_err.so.3.
8 The update did more library update, so I did revdep-rebuild without any
9 parameter, and it didn't show anything, but ssh didn't work. I did the
10 adviced revdep-rebuild --soname libcom_err.so.3 and it showed openssh.
11 My question is what exactly does revdep-rebuild without any parameter?
12 After reemerge of openssh the sun shines to me again.
13
14 TIA.
15 Cheers,
16 Tamas Sarga Sárga Tamás
17 --
18 Make the world confused! Zavard össze a világot!
19 Smile on monday morning! Mosolyogj hétfõ reggel!
22 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list