From: staticsafe <me@××××××××××.ca>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] A torrent client which can listen to interface
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2013 17:54:25
1 On 4/22/2013 13:51, Nilesh Govindrajan wrote:
2 > On Apr 22, 2013 11:14 PM, "staticsafe" <me@××××××××××.ca> wrote:
3 >>
4 >> On 4/22/2013 13:18, Nilesh Govindrajan wrote:
5 >>> Hi,
6 >>>
7 >>> I'm looking for a torrent client which can listen to an interface
8 > instead
9 >>> of ips. Any pointers?
10 >>>
11 >>
12 >> I don't understand, why would a torrent *client* listen on anything?
13 >>
14 >> --
15 >> staticsafe
16 >> O< ascii ribbon campaign - stop html mail - www.asciiribbon.org
17 >> Please don't top post - http://goo.gl/YrmAb
18 >> Don't CC me! I'm subscribed to whatever list I just posted on.
21 > Torrent clients listen for peers on a port. It always picks the default
22 > interface or route. It becomes a problem when you have two Internet
23 > connections.
24 >
25 Oh right. I don't think any clients allow you to specify an interface.
26 Only IPs and ports.
27
28 Like in rtorrent:
29 -b <a.b.c.d> Bind the listening socket to this IP
30 -i <a.b.c.d> Change the IP that is sent to the tracker
31 -p <int>-<int> Set port range for incoming connections
34 staticsafe
35 O< ascii ribbon campaign - stop html mail - www.asciiribbon.org
36 Please don't top post - http://goo.gl/YrmAb
37 Don't CC me! I'm subscribed to whatever list I just posted on.