From: Denis <denis.che@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Xlib: extension "Generic Event Extension" missing on display ":0.0".
Date: Wed, 07 Oct 2009 18:14:58
1 I did some searching and found that this problem is fairly widespread,
2 but I wasn't able to find a solution to it.
3
4 Basically, ever since I upgraded to libxcb-1.4 yesterday, whenever I
5 launch an application in Xorg, be that firefox, acroread, gimp, etc, I
6 get:
7
8 Xlib: extension "Generic Event Extension" missing on display ":0.0".
9
10 The applications still run fine but take a long time to load. Now, I
11 confess that I am still running
12
13 xorg-server-1.5.3-r6
14 xorg-x11-7.2
15 nvidia-drivers-180.60
16 gentoo-sources-2.6.27-gentoo-r8
17
18 Is this because I did not upgrade to xorg-server-1,6 with the new
19 versions of x11 libraries installed, or is that a bug in the new
20 version of the libraries somewhere?