From: "Hemmann
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] KDE programs starts slowly
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2006 11:36:01
1 On Sunday 29 January 2006 11:29, Korondi Márk wrote:
2
3 > programs using some kdelib or - if I'm right -, DCOP starts slowly, and
4 > after starting cannot run fine.
5 > For example: KDE starts up slower than in the previous installation.
6
7 usually this is a not correctly set up /etc/hostname
8
9 > Then I
10 > pick konqueror, it takes 2-3 secs. to start. Then I close, and re-exec it.
11 > 2-3 secs again (where is the cache?). BUT: KHTML starts to render the page,
12 > it hangs for 2 seconds, then begin to load. hmmm... Clicking refresh causes
13 > the same.
14 > Running KDE apps writes to the konzole I started from:
15 > "Qt: Locales not supported on X server". In my opinion, it doesn't affect,
16 > because in the previous installation it was the same.
19 well, I do not get this warning and KDE is very fast.
20
21 > Now let's show how I emerged KDE:
22 >
23 > /etc/make.conf
24 > --------------
25 > USE="artswrappersuid bash-completion cdparanoia cdr dvd dvdr dvdread ffmpeg
26 > font-server icq java mmx mplayer msn nptl nsplugin nvidia pdf real
27 > reiserfs samba sse sse2 tidy timidity vidix win32codecs xine xvid
28 > -gnome -gstreamer -gtk -gtk2 -nls -oss -pam -xmms"
29
30 why -nls?
33 > So, how can I solve it?
34
35 kill kdm and rm all the ICE, ksycoca and .dcop .X11-blabla stuff?
38 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list