From: Michael Orlitzky <mjo@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Shared libraries lack a SONAME
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 2020 14:25:43
1 On 2020-09-25 01:39, urpion@×××.com wrote:
2 >
3 > # Copyright 2020 Gentoo Authors
4 > * QA Notice: The following shared libraries lack a SONAME
5 > * /usr/lib/liblsp-dsp-lib-0.5.9.so
6
7 This is just a warning, I think? Regardless, it's not something you can
8 fix yourself.
9
10 The short explanation is that libraries can have their own version
11 separate from the larger package. The library version is what people use
12 to track compatibility, and is often how Gentoo decides when to do
13 subslot rebuilds. A library without a SONAME is a library without a
14 "version," but the upstream authors would need to figure out the
15 versioning scheme (and commit to it in the future) before fixing this.
16
17 Some references:
18
19 * https://autotools.io/libtool/version.html
20 * https://www.gnu.org/software/libtool/manual/libtool.html#Versioning
23 > Files matching a file type that is not allowed:
24 > usr/lib/liblsp-dsp-lib-0.5.9.so
27 I think you have some other problem that's killing your install. A "QA
28 Notice" won't do it.