From: Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] world rebuild with gcc-6.3.0 - not completely there yet
Date: Tue, 09 May 2017 04:59:57
1 I have a 2008 dual core Core2 that I gave up on because it doesn't
2 support QEMU hardware acceleration. Now that I've figured out chroot
3 for stuff I need, I decided to do a new 32-bit install. I figured this
4 might be a chance to experiment with GCC 6.3.0. I went whole-hog and
5 enabled graphite, and used various -floop and -ftree CXXFLAGS. When I
6 tried updating @world on a new install, it was a Churchillian
7 "unmitigated disaster", with multiple program builds aborting with
8 "internal compiler error" messages complaining about something to do
9 with "loop". I blew away the partially completed install and started
10 again. This time, it'll be 6.3.0 without graphite.
11
12 I'm busy Tuesday morning. So I'll fire up an "emerge -e @world" before
13 going to bed, and see where things are when I get back in the afternoon.
16 Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
17 I don't run "desktop environments"; I run useful applications