From: Harry Putnam <reader@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] More on /sys files
Date: Sat, 17 Jan 2009 15:14:24
1 I'm in the process of rsyncing an OS to a remote file system.
2
3 when rsyncing /sys to remote /sys... I get piles of errors of the
4 form:
5 WARNING: devices/LNXSYSTM:00/device:00/ACPI_CPU:00/power/wakeup failed
6 verification -- update discarded (will try again).
7
8 This is after a session failed so I'm re rsyncing directory by directory
9 to make sure all is copied over.
10
11 du -sh /sys on both remote and local shows:
12 0
15 But find shows something else:
16 find /sys -type f|wc (on remote host)
17 5850
18
19 find /sys -type f|wc -l (on local host)
20 6915
21
22 What do I need to do to get remote /sys to mirror local /sys
23 Will booting the remote... once the transfer is done cure the problem?