From: jason@×××××××××××.ca
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [HEADS UP] udev-181
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2012 17:55:58
1 Just a minor correction. It's CONFIG_DEVTMPFS not CONFIG_DEV_TMPFS :)
2
3 > I just had a bit of a scare after updating to udev-181, but
4 > all is well now, finally. (I hope :)
5 >
6 > In addition to the separate /usr problem that has already
7 > been discussed at length here, there are other important
8 > changes in udev-181 to be aware of.
9 >
10 > First, I had to add two new items to my kernel config:
11 > CONFIG_DEV_TMPFS (which I thought I'd had for years but didn't)
12 > and CONFIG_TMPFS_POSIX_ACL. I also elected to make the devfs
13 > automounting, but I don't think that was really necessary.
14 >
15 > Second, don't forget like I did to update the udev initscripts
16 > with etc-update or your machine won't be able to find the udev
17 > files in their new locations (just like mine didn't) and none
18 > of your kernel modules will auto-load, either.
19 >
20 > Oh, and of course you need to pre-mount /usr before udev starts
21 > if you have a separate /usr partition -- but you already knew
22 > that ;)