From: Rafael Barrera Oro <rafael@××××××××××××××××.ar>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] 64-bit system?
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2006 14:46:23
1 Grant wrote:
2
3 > I'm putting together a new system and I'm considering going 64-bit.
4 > Is the benefit of such a system pretty much speed? What are the
5 > drawbacks of using a 64-bit system with Gentoo?
6 >
7 > - Grant
8
9 Some stuff is not available for the 64 bit arch, for example you have to
10 use a 32 bit firefox if you want to use flash. On the other hand, i
11 recently installed a 64 bit gentoo and it runs very well!, nevertheless,
12 i dont now if the speed increase is precisely enormous compared with a
13 32 bit system.
14
15 hope it helps
16