From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] emerge all but...
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2010 01:46:23
1 On Mon, Jun 28, 2010 at 6:43 PM, Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > On Mon, Jun 28, 2010 at 6:33 PM, Crístian Viana
3 > <cristiandeives@×××××.com> wrote:
4 >> wouldn't it be:
5 >> emerge -o package
6 >> ?
7 >
8 > No, I believe that would emerge the package _without_ emerging the
9 > dependencies. If I understood the OP's original question he wanted to
10 > make sure package dependencies were emerged if missing for some
11 > reason. (For instance, he's done an emerge --depclean and it cleaned
12 > out something that he still needs.)
13 >
14 > Cheers,
15 > Mark
18 Oops! My mistake. I was looking at capital O, not lower case o.
19
20 Yes, according to the man page your solution would work also.
21
22 Cheers,
23 Mark