From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Lable Printer for gLabels
Date: Sat, 10 May 2014 16:57:43
1 Joseph <syscon780 <at> gmail.com> writes:
4 > Does anybody know if there is any label printer that will work with "gLabels"
7 It's been a while since I used stick-on labels. But we use to by
8 letter sized papers, covered on one side with stick-on labels all
9 of the same size. We mostly put mailing address on each label. We
10 used an hp printer and the particular sheets we used where coded,
11 with I believe was a 4 digit number, as I think "avery" and others make
12 litterally thousands of choices for these sheets (at least they use to).
13 The open source software could recognize the sheet template number and the
14 software did the rest.
15
16 Sorry I could not be more specific, but it was an all open source solution.
17 The trick was to match the sheet template number to the correct
18 software setting, much like what you do with cups hplip......
19
20 It was a over a decade ago, so I'm quite certain those solutions
21 have just morphed into one of the currently maintained sofware
22 packages. Sorry I could not be more specific. Perhaps someone else will
23 chime in.....
26 hth,
27 James