From: Graham Murray <graham@×××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] nvidia warning comes a tad late
Date: Thu, 01 Jan 2009 00:53:35
1 "Michael P. Soulier" <msoulier@×××××××××××××.ca> writes:
2
3 > Sure enough, X no longer works. I'm following the instructions now, but...
4 > Don't you think the default action here should be to do nothing instead of
5 > breaking my system?
6
7 I think that the default action should be that such 'breakages' should
8 be checked during the dependency building phase, a message displayed and
9 the emerge stop[0]. Then you could either mask the offending package or
10 issue a special flag[1] to emerge to acknowledge the 'problem' but
11 install/upgrade the package anyway.
12
13 [0] As with package blockers.
14
15 [1] A new flag, something like '--unsafe'