From: CJoeB <colleen.beamer@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] I'm in a Pickle
Date: Sun, 25 Dec 2011 21:33:10
1 On 12/25/11 15:08, Mick wrote:
2 > On Sunday 25 Dec 2011 19:20:56 Michael Hampicke wrote:
3 >>> Today, I was doing a world update and the screen locked - I still had my
4 >>> KDE desktop up, but couldn't open a window to kill any processes or
5 >>> anything. So, I held the power button to cause a reboot. The computer
6 >>> booted okay and gave me my login screen, but neither the keyboard nor
7 >>> the mouse work.
8 >> Wild guess: xorg-server was upgraded to a newer version with changed
9 >> ABI, so you have to remerge everthing installed under x11-drivers
10 >>
11 >> # emerge -1a $(qlist -I -C x11-drivers/)
12 > +1
13 >
14 > This is most likely related to the recent xorg updates, which as Michael
15 > suggests should be resolved by remerging all the xorg related drivers.
16
17 Solved! Thank you all so much!! Re-emerging the x related drivers
18 solved the issue. Thanks for this tip and how to prevent x from loading
19 on boot! You guys are GREAT! Thanks for being there when I can't
20 figure out something on my own!
21 > I'm not sure why your monitor will not wake up from sleep though. That's not
22 > normal. Have you tried going through the power settings of KDE in case it has
23 > been set up to sleep to RAM or hibernate and your set up has some acpi problem
24 > that causes it to crash?
25
26 I'll look into this! Thanks!
27