From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] how to let different make version coexist?
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2012 07:50:25
1 On Thu, 19 Apr 2012 15:06:15 +0800
2 wenpin cui <wenpin.cui@×××××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > hi, guys,
5 >
6 > On my linux box, after deep-upgrade, the version of
7 > 'sys-devel/make' was 3.82.
8 >
9 > Now I want to use version 3.81 to compile a software, i can do it
10 > by "emerge /usr/portage/sys-devel/make/make-3.81.ebuild"
11 >
12 > however, after next upgrade, the version became 3.82 again.
13 >
14 > I am wondering if i could select the different version by eslect
15 > or something else, just like 'update-alternatives' in debian.
16 >
17 > Any idea, thanks a lot.
20 portage only supports one version of make at a time.
21
22 To have two versions of make, you must install the second one yourself
23 from source into a convenient place like /usr/local, and manage it
24 yourself.
27 Alan McKinnnon
28 alan.mckinnon@×××××.com