From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Odd problem with OpenSSH
Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2008 08:45:26
1 On Saturday 16 February 2008, Florian Philipp wrote:
2 > On Fri, 2008-02-15 at 22:54 -0800, Tim Garton wrote:
3 > > Try adding a:
4 > > LogLevel VERBOSE
5 > >
6 > > or
7 > > LogLevel DEBUG
8 > >
9 > > to /etc/ssh/sshd_config and restarting the ssh server, and see if
10 > > it gives you any more info.
11 >
12 > Thanks! That did the trick! Now there was an entry about tcp wrapper
13 > denying access in /var/log/messages. Remerging open-ssh with
14 > USE="-tcpd" solved the problem.
15 >
16 > I will look into tcpd configuration but I don't think I even need it
17 > on that machine.
18
19 That's interesting. I honestly thought a tcpd deny would NOT be reported
20 in /var/log/messages as coming from sshd (as shown in your logs).
21
22 I don't recall that behaviour, maybe something changed since I last
23 looked hard at it. We learn something new every day it seems.
26 Alan McKinnon
27 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com
30 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list