From: "»Q«" <boxcars@×××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: kde - limit an icon to a single desktop
Date: Sun, 31 Dec 2006 05:06:43
1 In <20061230183338.GA5635@×××××××××.ca>,
2 Philip Webb <purslow@×××××××××.ca> wrote:
3
4 > 061230 Q wrote:
5 > > Is there a way to have an app-launching icon appear
6 > > on one or more of the KDE desktops but not on others?
7 >
8 > Have a look at 'apwal' : it doesn't do exactly what you request,
9 > but it's a rather cute device for calling up icons when you want them.
10 > I have it mapped to the left mouse button.
11
12 Thanks much; that's really neat. I've used xbindkeys to map
13 ctrl+rightclick to apwal. But I'd rather have it come up only when I
14 right click on the desktop; again I seem to be up against a lack of
15 configurability in KDE, which will only let me choose among various KDE
16 menus to bind to clicking on a desktop.
19 »Q«
22 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list