From: Simon Hunt <chesemonkyloma@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Intel dilemma
Date: Sat, 29 Aug 2009 16:46:58
1 On Sat, Aug 29, 2009 at 03:48:59PM -0500, Andr??s Becerra Sandoval wrote:
2 >
3 > Hello,
4 >
5 > I have a 865G too, the only combination that works for me with the
6 > i915 intel driver is:
7 >
8 > kernel: gentoo-sources-2.6.28
9 > driver: xf86-video-intel: 2.7.1
10 >
11 > Anything above that (>=gentoo-sources-2.6.29, >=xf86-video-intel:
12 > 2.7.1) fails for my setup with freezes like the ones you describe.
13 >
14 > As my box is ~x86, I have installed many versions of xorg-server
15 > without varying the kernel and driver, and they worked all right.
16 >
17 > I am thinking in giving up to using the intel driver in order to user
18 > the latest kernel, with an /etc/X11/xorg.conf using a VESA card
19 > configuration and I have not tested the i830 option.
20 >
21 > Hope this helps.
22 >
23 > --
24 > Andr??s
27 Thank you very much! That is very helpful to know and I will get back to
28 you on how it works for me. Also, let me know how the VESA card
29 configuration works. What does that mean exactly, it's just a generic
30 solution?