From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Gentoo video camera security system
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2008 21:19:27
1 Michele Schiavo <gentoo <at> micheleschiavo.it> writes:
4 > Why not zoneminder ?
5 > it's web accessible
6 > save everything, send alarm notification and permit to make the video of the
7 event.
8 > Also have monitor.
9
10 You can try zoneminder with a camera or 2 and see if you like how it works.
11
12 Personally, I have never understood why zoneminder does not add support
13 for h.264.
14
15 Try lots of things. The h.264 systems I install, are commercial based.
16 I'm not saying there are no h.264 solutions (many will point you
17 to mplayer, vlc or mpeg4ip).
20 You have to experiment, if you want an open source solution. Zoneminder
21 is the most well know and that's a good place to start.
22
23 Here's a link you might find interesting:
24
25 http://www.linuxdevices.com/news/NS9949081537.html?kc=LXDEMNL091808
28 hth,
29