From: "Alan E. Davis" <lngndvs@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] How to edit Gnome main menu and keep them around.
Date: Sun, 20 Dec 2009 00:28:01
1 I haven't seen an answer to my question elsewhere.
2
3 I have found it convenient to edit the gnome main applications menu, with a
4 Science menu and a Guitar menu, and others. I have perhaps too many apps
5 installed. Apropos is something I'd forgotten about, but it's convenient to
6 have a gui way to start up my preferred apps, with Gnome.
7
8 Gnome's menu is vastly improved over earlier models, in particular that when
9 a new app is installed, it is immediately available. However, when
10 updating/upgrading Gnome, my edits are lost.
11
12 I'd like to specify a config file withing a "Workbench" folder or other
13 folder off my ~/ directory, under git control. It would useful for these
14 changes to be portable on new installs, as well.
15
16 Can anyone offer any insight into this problem?
17
18 Thanks for previous insightful answers on this list!
19
20 Alan Davis