From: "Jesús Guerrero" <6thpink@×××××.es>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How to see Windows graphics chars
Date: Sun, 24 Dec 2006 10:19:10
1 El Sat, 23 Dec 2006 21:28:05 -0800
2 "Kevin O'Gorman" <kogorman@×××××.com> escribió:
3
4 > I would not ordinarily care about Windows pseudo-graphics characters,
5 > but for one brief moment on one project I need to manipulate them a
6 > bit. This is a bit hard on KDE and gentoo as things stand because
7 > the terminals don't know about that encoding/font/codepage/whatever.
8 >
9 > I see there's a way to make my terminals speak a variety of
10 > encodings, but the ones I've tried don't help. Anybody out there
11 > know how to do this?
12 >
13 > ++ kevin
16 If you are talking about the webdings set, it is included along with
17 many other MS fonts into the corefonts package. Make sure you have it
18 installed, then make sure you have a line for that font dir in your
19 xorg.conf:
20
21 Section "Files"
22 FontPath "/usr/share/fonts/TTF"
23 FontPath "/usr/share/fonts/ttf-bitstream-vera"
24 FontPath "/usr/share/fonts/hunkyfonts"
25 FontPath "/usr/share/fonts/corefonts"
26 FontPath "/usr/share/fonts/sharefonts"
27 FontPath "/usr/share/fonts/misc"
28 FontPath "/usr/share/fonts/Type1"
29 FontPath "/usr/share/fonts/75dpi"
30 FontPath "/usr/share/fonts/100dpi"
31 FontPath "/usr/share/fonts/arphicfonts"
32 FontPath "/usr/share/fonts/baekmuk-fonts"
33 FontPath "/usr/share/fonts/kochi-substitute"
34 FontPath "/usr/share/fonts/intlfonts"
35 EndSection
36
37 Then restart X or do this:
38
39 xset +fp /usr/share/fonts/corefonts && xset fp rehash
40
41 Now the font is installed and apps can see it, it might depend on each
42 concrete app how to use it from now on.
43
44 Jesús Guerrero
47 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list