From: "Canek Peláez Valdés" <caneko@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] boot problems
Date: Sat, 03 May 2014 13:59:48
1 On Sat, May 3, 2014 at 8:48 AM, Stefan G. Weichinger <lists@×××××.at> wrote:
2 > Am 03.05.2014 15:46, schrieb Canek Peláez Valdés:
3 >> On Sat, May 3, 2014 at 6:37 AM, J. Roeleveld <joost@××××××××.org> wrote:
4 >> [snip]
5 >>> Sounds like an issue with the mdadm script/unit.
6 >>> Where is Canek with his knowledge of systemd?
7 >>
8 >> Canek was sleeping because it was 6:37 AM on a Saturday morning.
9 >
10 > hehe ;-)
11 >
12 > good morning then ... (and late congrats to your phd, btw ;-) )
13
14 Thanks Stefan.
15
16 Regarding your problem; as I said to Joost, I have no idea what could
17 possibly cause the problem, but from the experiments I conducted
18 trying to understand what happened with systemd+LVM2, I got the
19 impression that this kind of issue happens only with people having
20 very personalized or kinda old LVM2 setups.
21
22 I remember your fstab had the volumes listed directly. The
23 systemd+udev+dracut guys (and to some degree the kernel devs too, I
24 believe) are trying to move away from that. Could you try to set up
25 labels for all your mounted points and use that in fstab? It's a shot
26 in the dark, I don't really know if it will work.
27
28 Also, the usual requirements: boot with debug, rd.debug,
29 systemd.log_target=console, systemd.log_level=debug and please share
30 the logs.
31
32 Regards.
33 --
34 Canek Peláez Valdés
35 Profesor de asignatura, Facultad de Ciencias