From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] eix <target> per dir
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2014 20:59:37
1 Hello,
2
3 I often go to /usr/portage/<target-dir>
4 and browse the packages under a given
5 category; for example /usr/portage/media-sound
6
7 Rather that looking at the packages one at a time,
8 It be nice to use (perhaps gentoolkit options therein) syntax/options
9 to list all the packages in a (dir) group
10 and the single line description, it batches?
11
12 Thus allowing quickbrowsing by category to decide which packages to install
13 and test, based on quickly looking at the descriptions.
14 The output should look something like this?
15
16 media-sound/SmarTagger
18 <snip>
19 media-sound/zynaddsubf
23 Suggestions and ideas, that already exist, are welcome;
24 or do I need to hack something (ugly)?
27 curiously,
28 James