From: Stroller <stroller@××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Change Readline mode for all users?
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2017 13:44:38
1 > On 19 Sep 2017, at 01:25, Vadim A. Misbakh-Soloviov <gentoo@×××.name> wrote:
2 >
3 >> I find that my pager and editor are set in /etc/env.d/99pager and
4 >> /etc/env.d/99editor respectively, but creating a
5 >> /etc/env.d/99bashlineediting file containing "set -o vi" doesn't seem to
6 >> work.
7 >
8 > 1) env-update
9 >
10 > env.d is just the place where all the packages places their crap so env-update
11 > can take care of it and rebuild all the things properly (so, no need to allow
12 > to edit system config directly (and accidentally brake them)
13
14 Sorry, I don't understand.
15
16 > 2) what you want is a bad idea.
17 >
18 > I bet portage (which internally uses bash a lot) won't be happy with that
19
20 A setting for interactive bash use should not affect non-interactive bash scripts. If it does, I'd think it a bug.
21
22 Stroller.